The Swimrun The Riviera RaceThe first Swimrun The Riviera will take place on 1st April 2017. The start will be given at 7am at the Castel Beach in Nice and the finish line will be at a stunning "Belle Epoque" villa in Cap d’Ail. The total race distance is 26km with a total of 5.8km swimming and 20.2km running.
The running portion will mainly be on the coastal paths.
The start of the rave will be in the sea as a swim portion and the last portion will be a run so competitors will run across the finish line.
There will be 15 transitions in total, 8 swim portions varying between 400m-1000m and 8 run portions of varying between 800m-6000m.
The race is divided into 3 main sections with 2 refreshment stations. The 1st refreshment station will be at the Passable Beach in Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat and the 2nd refreshment station will be at the Petite Afrique beach in Beaulieu sur Mer.
You will find a detailed course map of the Swimrun The Riviera 2017 below. The swim portions are in red and the run portions are in blue. The yellow points represent the beginning of a swim portion or « Drop Zone » and the orange points are the « Exit Zones ». Each team will receive a Road.
DAY 1 Saturday 29 April 2017
2pm Village opens at the Bains Militaires beach in Nice
5.30pm Bib collection closes
6pm Pre-race briefing in the village
DAY 2 Sunday 30th April 2017
6am : Meeting for the teams at Castel Beach in Nice
6.45am : Last call
6.50am : Security briefing on the beach
7am : Start of Swimrun the Riviera
12am : Meal for teams and accompanying people at Cap d’Ail
2.30pm : Award ceremony
3.30pm : End of race and meal
3.30pm : End of the event. Transfer back to start line if necessary
Registration for Swinrun the Riviera includes :
- 1 bib for a femal, male or mixed team
- All the refreshment stations during the race
- Full security offered by the organisation team
- Medical assistance and first Aid
- Swimrun team equipment (2 full bags per team)
- The safety equipment provided by our partner RESTUBE
- The meal at the end of the race in an exceptional villa in Cap d’Ail overlooking the sea, privatised for the event
- Access to showers and changing rooms at the end of the race
- Journey back to the start line at the end of the day